In addition to having a firm understanding of (and ability to perform the duties of) all of the other positions at the café, Shift Leaders direct fellow employees through their daily routines and interact with customers to make sure that they have a satisfactory experience. Shift Leaders ensure employees perform a variety of tasks, from preparing the food, stocking supplies, serving, charging people for their food, handling cash, credit cards, and a cash register, cleaning tables and counters, resetting tables, greeting customers, and answering questions. Speed, accuracy, stamina, and stellar customer service skills are a must!
Food Preparation Associate
The primary responsibilities of a Food Preparation Associate include preparing food items, such as sandwiches, soups, salads, and baked goods. You must prepare all menu items to order, following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits. Basic job duties consist of measuring, portioning, cutting, slicing, heating, mixing, and assembling ingredients to create delicious menu items!
Front End Associate
The primary responsibilities of a Front End Associate include greeting customers, ringing up purchases, and answering questions about products and merchandise. Front End Associates are responsible for completing bakery orders and communicating with Food Preparation Associates to ensure meal orders are filled quickly and accurately. You must be comfortable talking to customers regarding orders, comments, and complaints. Stellar customer service skills are a must!
The position of Café Attendant is rather open-ended, based on the needs of the café along with the individual employee’s strengths, skills, and special needs. Duties may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- greeting patrons as they enter the dining area
- delivering food to customers with a smile
- taste testing and quality assurance
- collecting and returning dirty dishes to the kitchen for washing
- washing, sanitizing, and drying dishes
- re-stocking refrigerators, shelves, and displays
- maintaining a clean and orderly dining area
- counting and tracking inventory
- assisting in the back of the house with light food preparation tasks
- assisting in the front of the house with fulfilling bakery and beverage orders, and brewing coffee
To foster a work environment of comfort, satisfaction, and achievement, Puzzles Bakery & Café seeks to hire employees whose actions reflect:
- Compassion, respect, and common courtesy for all people
- Honesty, integrity, and ethical behavior
- Teamwork among employees, volunteers, donors, and others
- Competent, motivated, and goal-oriented employees
- Commitment to the communities in which we live and work
Puzzles Bakery & Café
is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Puzzles Bakery & Café is an equal opportunity employer and shall not take any action in its employment practices that is discriminatory on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, veteran status, military service (active or inactive) or disability in regarding to hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, lay-off, rehiring, terminations or employment benefits. Employment policies and procedures will be based on essential job-related standards of ability, experience, training, past performance, and other relevant factors affecting performance for the position in question.